Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Grudges 2

What is a grudge?  What does it mean to you? Are they real?  Do / Should they exist?  Are they just mean?
Again someone told me I hold grudges for a really long time. I am pondering with a major headache whether or not I do.  I always looked at those deep scars in my mind  and heart as an out of sight, out of conversation, out of mind.  I had been told I cut people out of my life too soon.  I never thought of it that way.  I just stopped putting out the energy for them.  As my husband and I talked about it he said it depends on how others look at it.  Me having ill feelings about someone, just not trying to maintain a relationship, and shutting down when spoken about could appear as a grudge to another.  Is it a grudge or just not forgiving?  I don't go out of my way to show, express or let anyone know that I have ill feelings when they are around.  I cannot pretend that I am over what happened.  There is no pretending we are "cool".  I accept they exist but when heartache struck multiple times I said I am done and meant it.  I am told people change as well as circumstances but who they were is still there and I don't know if I can trust that side won't show itself.  Is that wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment